Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server hosted by a hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various aims, so let's have a glance at them. Thus, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you wish to set up a site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by particular vendors, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts frequently involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain period of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely false interpretation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the load between different bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a vast amount of images with mates or partners since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your email mailbox accounts. Some providers offer web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your hosting resources. Embedding the video file will permit you to have as many video clips as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a website. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At ZZWebServices, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for specific web content solely.